Saturday, August 09, 2008

Too Much Real Life

~

The inevitable madness that is my life continues -

I'm currently working my derrière off to finish "The Mystery Book" that will shortly be a mystery no longer. Yeah, you know those "????" images that have been popping up over the last several weeks - soon, very soon, you'll be finding out what those are about, and you'll be introduced to the artist who did them, (here's a hint - it's NOT me). The final pieces of the puzzle are being put together and will be unveiled soon.

Speaking of which, if you are in Rice Lake, Wisconsin next weekend, I'll be reading from and signing copies of "Delving: Assassins" and unveiling the new mystery book at Thyme Worn Treasures. So, if you're in the audience, you'll find out what's what - first hand before everyone else. Buy your plane tickets, gas up the car, and BE THERE next weekend. Check out the Events section of the website, (www.scottfalkner.com) for details. I'll also be doing a radio interview on Northwestern Wisconsin's WJMC some time on Friday - details to be released later this week.

Other than that, there really hasn't been much going on, except for tons and tons and tons of travel, some house hunting, and more travel.

Speaking of which, today I called 911 for the first time in a long time.

There was a car stopped at a crosswalk in a small town I was traveling through. I stopped behind that car, and watched as the driver in front of me waved an elderly man to cross. He started out, passed the car in front of me, and came inches from being hit by an old Mustang driven by a high-school girl as she sped through the intersection. He dived out of the way, hit his head hard on the asphalt, and wasn't moving. While the people in front of me got out of their car to help, I ran to the middle of the intersection and stopped all the other traffic while calling 911. The police and an ambulance came, and they got the guy to the side of the road. Turns out he'll be okay, though there was a lot of blood. They bandaged him up on the spot, and after telling them what I saw, they said I was free to go. Not sure what happened to the teenager, (she did stop as soon as it happened) but it was all pretty crazy.

Too much real life for a Friday afternoon.

OH! And by the by, if you check out the latest Pod of Horror (#46) - which you should be doing on a regular basis anyhow - you'll hear Mark read the letter I wrote to him and Nanci. Get it through itunes or go to their page at HorrorWorld - http://www.horrorworld.org/poh.htm

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww! NO FAIR that you're only doing a signing for the cheeseheads - haha - when are you going to come to Arizona!! We'll take good care of ya, Scott! ;)

Anonymous said...

When is pod of horror going to interview you scott?

Anonymous said...

you have to be in the "it" club to get interviewed on pod of horror. the cliques in the horror community are worse than hi school.