Monday, January 12, 2009

Endings and Beginnings

~

Okay, where to start? I guess at the beginning. "Exile: The Collected Helman Graff" is 100% wrapped. I approved the final galley proofs a few days ago, and it's full speed ahead. It's out of my hands now, and hopefully into yours. Just a reminder, you can pre-order the trade paperback from the publisher for less than six bucks. Yay. A pre-order link is at the bottom of the post.

So... what's next?

First and foremost, the third and final Delving book needs to be written. "Delving: Culminations" is slated for a mid-summer release. It'll tie all - or most - of the loose ends together and finish that chapter of my writing career. It will most likely be the last I'll write of Helman, or the Graff family in general, for a long, long time.

While that's happening, offers for book signings are starting to filter in. It looks like we might be doing a Milwaukee one this spring, and perhaps we'll try to shoot for a Madison and Chicago one around the same time. Now that I'm closer to Minneapolis than ever, I'll try to fit one into the Twin Cities, and of course, we'll do the tried and true Thyme Worn signing (if they'll have me!) in Northern Wisconsin.

After that...?

I've been in close contact with Nate Fehlauer, the superb artist for "Exile: The Collected Helman Graff," and it looks as if we'll likely be doing a few more projects together. I was blown away by the art for "Exile," and I knew that I wanted to do a project with Nate where his art would be even more prevalent. So, with a project and story already in mind, I'll be doing some research and "sketching" out a few things while writing "Culminations." When we get to a more concrete place with what we're doing, you'll be the first to know.

What else?

Relaxation - as much as one can relax while writing every day, taking care of three kids, two cats, a dog, and keeping house. I'm going to try to keep the Daily Cave updates a bit more regular, and a bit more personal.

Anyway, that's what's been happening and what will most likely happen... endings and beginnings.

Here's the link for the "Exile: The Collected Helman Graff" publisher pre-order at 50% off!

http://www.stonegarden.net/index.php?main_page=product_book_info&cPath=17_1&products_id=141&zenid=afbf9844e705d31ceab7dc1846dafc11


~

No comments: