Monday, February 16, 2009

Brain Matter Confetti

~


Still sort of sorting out the last week and a half as I've rarely known what day it was or what city I was in. Crazy busy to the point of nausea, but that's over now, and things are sort of... settling, like a blast of confetti or brain matter that has yet to reach the ground.

As such, not a lot of work has been completed, and February - being the squat month that it is - is more than halfway completed.

Ah well. In the meantime, I've come across a few things that were a bit interesting.

It seems that this is what happens at a book reading in China when someone doesn't like you're book: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/16/world/asia/16china.html?_r=1&ref=books

Looks like NIN and Jane's Addiction might be doing a farewell(?) tour together soon: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=114497 - I've never seen either of the bands in concert, but they both certainly had an effect on me at different times in my life. Perhaps seeing them on their way out would be fun.

If you're an sfsw fan, and you've got a TON of time on your hands, check this out: http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~sf-papercraft/Gallery/Gallery.html

Let's see, I'm currently looking at buying a laptop computer. Never had one before and am a bit hesitant to move in that direction, but it's quickly becoming clear that I really need one for writing on the road. Suggestions? While you're at it, I also need a new digital camcorder. Again, anyone has one that they simply love? Let me know what it is.

I just picked up a copy of F. Paul Wilson's "The Keep" - I've always wanted to read it but always forgot about it when I was out picking up books. I can't wait to get started on it.

That's it for now. Wally is sitting on the floor here in my office and looking at me with those "Please walk me" eyes.

No comments: