Saturday, April 25, 2009

Important Delving News

~

Okay, gather 'round kids. There's something that old dad's gotta tell you. You might not like it, but I'm going to try and convince you that it's for your own good. Ready?

Here's the deal: In looking over the manuscript for the final Delving book, Delving: Culminations, I found that it didn't really live up to what I'd envisioned for the end of the series. I found that it didn't fully explore the key characters out to their ends, and that it didn't do justice properly to the series as a whole. I don't know about you, but I found that I didn't want Delving to end in a sort of sub-par manner. I didn't want to release a half-assed book.

To that end, I contacted Stone Garden and came up with a plan "b" - which I think is pretty great.

Here it is: Instead of releasing a not so great final Delving book in June, we're going to release the dark fantasy western that was supposed to come out sometime next year. This way, you still get a Falkner book this summer, and I get more time to completely rewrite Delving: Culminations, in the process making it something I'm proud to release, and making it something that you'll be stoked to read.

I understand that many of you were highly anticipating the final chapter of Delving, and for the delay, I apologize. This is completely my own undertaking, and all of the blame falls on me. However, I stress that I really do feel like giving the novel some more time is in both my, and the readers', best interest.

Calvin Dyer and the Reatian Horde is best classified as a dark fantasy western... something a bit off the beaten path--and yet wholly consistent with the stuff that I like to read. We'll have a lot more info about this particular book in just a bit, and if you've liked anything I've written in the past, I'm certain you'll dig this one as well.

Again, I'm truly sorry for the delay of Delving's concluding volume, but I promise it'll be worth the wait.

Thanks for your patience.
sff

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

you suck scott!!! getting our hopes up like that and not delievering!!! Just kidding. OF COURSE we are just happy to get a new Scott Falkner book! Cannot wait to check it out.